Chocolate fountains are becoming a well known attraction in parties and other events. Kids and adults alike cannot resist the temptation of dipping different types of treats into an overflowing fountain of rich and creamy chocolate fondue.
However, knowing how exactly to use this wonderful chocolate machine could make such a big difference between a mouth-watering dessert and a frustrating mess in your kitchen or buffet table. Learning how to utilize properly also ensures that your party won’t ever be forgotten. Below are a few things that you have to know about employing a chocolate fountain. Mini Chocolate Machine
1. Place the equipment on a powerful and steady surface. Be sure that it is placed on a surface that will carry at the least 85 lbs. The equipment itself is light but with the chocolate fondue, fresh fruits, plates and skewers, the entire display could be a lot heavier. In addition, a steady and level surface allows the equipment to operate properly and flow evenly.
2. Plug the equipment which consists of own circuit. Avoid having an extension cord. If this isn’t possible be sure that no body will trip within the extension cord by properly taping it to the floor.
3. Provide proper ventilation. Typically, you will find vent holes found on the underside of the machine. Avoid blocking these areas with linen and other materials to prevent over-heating.
4. Assemble the fountain based on the user’s manual. But first, remember to scrub all of the components before putting everything together. Before pouring chocolate fondue however bowl, test the equipment first minus the chocolate to make sure that it’s in working condition.
5. Melt the chocolate. You will find three ways to do this, in the microwave, on the stove top and in the basin or reservoir. When melting chocolate on a stove top, use a double boiler and stick it over a low heat. Constantly stir the chocolate to prevent burning.
If you decide on to melt the chocolate in a microwave, don’t let it running for too long. Set the microwave on low heat, and then place the chocolate in a ‘microwaveable’ bowl. Run the microwave for 30 seconds. Eliminate the bowl, stir and repeat the process and soon you get the specified consistency.
On another hand, when melting chocolate in the machine’s basin, you’ll need to stir the chocolate constantly every three to five minutes. Observe that basin melting often takes up to one hour to totally melt the chocolate with regards to the amount of chocolate used and the size of the machine.
6. Closely monitor the chocolate. Both basin-melted and pre-melted chocolate requires careful monitoring on initially that they’re poured into fountain. Frequently stir the chocolate and spoon it towards the auger or the guts to start the equipment flowing with liquid chocolate.
7. Prepare the dippers.You should use pound cake, marshmallows, cookies dried apricot, meringue, strawberries, banana pieces and more. When using fresh fruits, wash and then dry them up so that the chocolate will stay glued to them. You also need to be sure that the dippers are cut into bite size pieces so they can be individually skewered.